Monday, September 5, 2011

Why Choose Melissa Gallagher Photography?

What, exactly, do I offer that would make you want to hire me for a session?

Well, I need to let you know a little bit about me and then a little bit about my business.  Hopefully, it will help explain what sets me apart.

First, I'm a mommy.   That could probably read, "I'm a mommy first" and be just as accurate, actually.  Of four.  I have four kids.  That might not be a ton, but to have had them in the span of 4 years is pretty crazy, and the experience has left me with a gigantic amount of patience.  In addition to patience (which is great when I'm photographing a group of rowdy boys!) and a hefty caffeine addiction (which probably isn't so important to you!), it has also left me with an appreciation for just how quickly moments pass.  I'm the very first to raise my hand and say, "I blinked and my babies grew into kids" or "they were only newborns for a few seconds"... and some days, I feel like I totally missed it.  If you peek at my portfolio, you might get a sense that I love to capture the intimate relationship between a child and a parent - a kiss on the forehead, a teeny hand grasping a trusted hand, etc.  I struggle each day to hold those fleeting instances in my memory and I know how much I would love to have had those moments photographed so I try to ensure that I can provide that to my clients.

I also have an intense work ethic.  Maybe that comes from being a mom, maybe it comes from working every summer of my youth installing sprinkler systems.  Either way, I work tirelessly and with intense satisfaction in the job.  Combined with my love for the art of photography, this means a sneak peek will be up for you to see within 12-24 hours of your session, your finished photos will be ready for proofing within 5 days and you'll have your disc of images in-hand less than 10 days later. 

My pricing isn't the lowest you could find.  I don't want to be the "cheapest" photographer in the area because my work isn't the cheapest.  I'm affordable and there are certainly options to explore to customize your experience for it to work with your budget.  But my price tag also conveys the quality of my work and it comes with a satisfaction guarantee. 

From the beginning of our relationship onward, I offer personalized, professional service that aims at making your experience a happy, relaxed, enjoyable one.  I will consult with you on the styling for your session, on your specific goals and throughout, while you will see my style in the photography, you will hear your voice in the finished images. 

It's all about the relationship.  Choose me.  You'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!